Announcing the 2011 Capital Grant Program
PROCESS FOR 2011 FORD FUND CAPITAL GRANT PROGRAM
Ford Motor Company Fund is pleased to announce that starting in 2011 we again are accepting requests for capital program grants with some significant modifications from past practices. This decision reflects our ongoing commitment to build stronger communities and capacity within the non-profit community to meet increasing needs in many areas. Capital grant requests will only be considered to support these areas: education, automotive safety, community needs and the arts.
- For the purposes of this program, we define capital as physical infrastructure, construction of new and/or renovated space, and related equipment purchases. We will not consider endowment funding as a part of this program.
- The total amount available for grants in any given year will be determined by the Board of Trustees of the Fund. For 2011, it has been established at $400,000.
- Due to the limited nature of the funds available, the maximum grant per organization for any one year will be $100,000 and there will not be any multiple year commitments at this time. However, since by nature capital programs tend to extend over a period of time, grantees may apply for an additional grant in subsequent years.
- Capital grant application narratives are limited to two pages, with a 1-page attachment, and should include:
- A brief description of the overall project;
- A description of the specific item that Ford Fund capital funding will support;
- Any naming opportunities;
- A description of potential programmatic ties that could be linked to this capital grant in future years.
- Applications may be submitted online at: https://www.easymatch.com/FORDGRANTS between January 17 and April 1. Applicants should fill out a grant request online and attach their two page application narrative and attachment to that online request.
Grantmaking Timeline and Process
- Applications are due in our online system by April 1
- All capital grant requests will be evaluated by Ford Fund in early April. The highest rated requests will be invited to make a short presentation to the Fund in late April or early May, and final grant recommendations will be made by May 15.
- Grants will be awarded on or around June 1 and payable in this calendar year.
Any questions regarding capital grant submissions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Ford Motor Company Fund and our funding priorities, please visit http://www.community.ford.com