Ford Motor Credit Company
Established in 1959, Ford Motor Credit Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company that offers automotive financial services to dealerships and customers around the world. Ford Credit’s focus is on supporting the sale of Ford vehicles. Its profits and dividends help support Ford’s business, including vehicle development.
In North America, Ford Credit does business in every state in the U.S. and all provinces in Canada. Outside the U.S., FCE Bank is Ford Credit’s largest operation, serving Europe. The biggest share of FCE’s business is in the UK and Germany, with smaller operations in most other European countries. Ford Credit also operates in select markets in Asia, Africa, Central America and South America.
Ford Credit offers a wide variety of automotive financing, insurance and related products. Most financing falls into one of three categories:
- Retail financing: Purchasing customer retail installment sale and lease contracts from dealers and offering financing to commercial customers to lease or purchase vehicles.
- Wholesale financing: Making loans to dealers to purchase vehicle inventory.
- Other financing: Making loans to dealers for working capital, for improvements to dealership facilities, and to purchase or finance dealership real estate.
Ford Credit works on issues of interest to its stakeholders, including the following:
- Credit Availability: Ford Credit provides financing for qualified dealers and consumers, utilizing responsible financing and servicing practices. Ford Credit provides financing for customers across the credit spectrum and is committed to treating customers with fairness and respect.
- Credit Approvals: Ford Credit has used consistent and prudent credit standards and practices for many years to support Ford Motor Company dealers and customers. Because the company uses proprietary credit originations and collections systems, it can finance a broader range of customers than if it used credit scores alone.
- Compliance: Ford Credit uses responsible, consistent and transparent practices globally, and it has stringent procedures designed to ensure that customers are treated fairly and the financing process is understandable. Ford Credit believes it maintains all material licenses and permits required for current operations and is in compliance with all material laws and regulations applicable to the Company and its operations. Ford Credit monitors proposed changes to relevant legal and regulatory requirements in order to maintain its compliance. Through governmental relations efforts, Ford Credit also attempts to participate in the legislative and administrative rule-making process on regulatory initiatives that affect finance companies.
- Consumer Education: Ford Credit is a longstanding supporter of, and participant in, financial education through organizations such as AWARE (Americans Well-Informed on Automobile Retailing Economics) and Junior Achievement, as well as in community and educational forums globally. Ford Credit’s website, www.fordcredit.com, includes information in English and Spanish to help consumers make informed decisions about vehicle financing.
- Customer Privacy: Ford Credit has a policy regarding customer information and privacy and uses systems and procedures to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to protect it from loss, misuse or alteration. Customer information is accessible to appropriate personnel who have a business need for the information. Ford Credit provides training and communications programs to educate personnel about privacy requirements. Beyond protecting customer privacy, Ford Credit continuously uses and works to develop robust processes to produce a superior service experience that ensures that customers are always treated fairly and respectfully.
- Identity Theft: Ford Credit is a founding member of the Identity Theft Assistance Center, a nonprofit industry association in which member institutions collaborate to protect their customers from fraud and help them recover if they become victims of ID theft.
- Technology and Process Improvements: Ford Credit continuously improves processes and uses technologies that drive efficiency and sustainability. These processes and technologies include: improved and online customer services that facilitate paperless invoices, electronic payments and online credit applications; electronic contract signing; electronic document storage; and software tools and telephony technologies to enhance responsiveness and increase satisfaction for dealers and customers.
- Community: Ford Credit has a longstanding commitment to the communities where it does business. This includes providing structured work experience programs for young people. Ford Credit employees also participate in numerous community activities globally, both during and outside the workday. Examples include personal finance training in schools and community organizations; environmental projects such as river cleanup, park and school beautification and recycling; Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walks; the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and other activities benefiting medical research or assistance organizations; and drives to collect items such as supplies for schools, food for the hungry, clothing for the needy and necessities for soldiers stationed far from home.
- Economy Data
- Environment Data
- Society Data