Quality Awards and Ratings
The high quality of Ford vehicles has been recognized via a range of third-party awards and ratings. For example:
J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Initial Quality StudySM 1
- In 2010, for the first time, the Ford brand had the highest initial quality among all non-luxury brands in J.D. Power and Associates’ Initial Quality Study (IQS). The Ford brand moved to 5th place among all brands, from 8th last year. This is the highest-rank position Ford has achieved in the IQS since ranking 23rd in 2004.
- The Lincoln brand ranked 8th in Initial Quality among nameplates, up from 26th place in 2009.
- The Ford Focus achieved “Highest Ranked Compact Car” in Initial Quality.
- The Ford Mustang earned “Highest Ranked Midsize Sporty Car” in Initial Quality.
- The Ford Taurus was named “Highest Ranked Large Car” in Initial Quality.
- The Hermosillo Assembly Plant earned a Silver Plant Quality Award for North/South America.
J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) StudySM 2
Ford received segment awards in J.D. Power and Associates’ 2010 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study for the following five models, which ranked highest in their respective segments: the Ford Fusion, Taurus, Flex, Expedition and Explorer Sport Trac. The APEAL Study measures customer satisfaction with design, content and vehicle performance.
J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Vehicle Dependability StudySM 3
In 2011, in J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study:
- Lincoln had the highest numerical score among nameplates in dependability measured at three years in service, moving up from 2nd last year.
- The Lincoln MKZ was ranked highest in the Entry Premium Car segment.
- The Lincoln Navigator ranked highest in the Large Premium Crossover/SUV segment.
- The Ford Fusion ranked highest in the Midsize Car segment.
- And the Ford Mustang ranked highest in the Midsize Sporty Car segment.
Interior Quietness Awards
According to the RDA Group’s GQRS survey:
- In 2010, Ford maintained its lead over Honda and Toyota in key measures of interior quietness.
- The Ford F-150 ranked first in customer satisfaction with quietness and had the lowest wind noise troubles in its segment.
- The Ford Fusion Hybrid outperformed its segment competitors in interior quietness customer satisfaction.
- The Lincoln MKZ performed better than the Lexus IS and ES models to achieve a segment-topping rank for interior quietness satisfaction.
Kelley Blue Book Awards
- The 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Taurus and Flex are among the “Top 10 Family Cars for 2010,” according to the editors of Kelley Blue Book’s website.
- In 2010, Ford remained the “most-considered” among 37 new-vehicle brands tracked in the Kelley Blue Book Market Intelligence study.
- The 2011 Ford Taurus, Super Duty and Mustang GT earned Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Best Resale Value Awards in the full-size car, full-size pickup and high-performance car categories, respectively. This award recognizes vehicles expected to maintain the greatest proportion of their original list price after five years of ownership.
Strategic Vision Awards
- Four Ford vehicles topped their segments in Strategic Vision’s 2010 Total Quality Index, the most of any brand: the Fusion for midsize car, the Taurus for large car, the Flex for midsize crossover utility and the F-150 for full-size pickup.
- Five Ford vehicles topped their segments in Strategic Vision’s 2010 Total Value Award™ Index: the Fusion for midsize car, the Lincoln MKT for luxury multi-function vehicle, the Flex for midsize crossover utility, the F-150 for full-size pickup and the Ford F250/350 for heavy-duty pickup.
Automotive Lease Guide (ALG)
- Since 2008, Ford cars and trucks have improved the most of any brand in the Automotive Lease Guide’s “Perceived Quality Survey,” released in the fall of 2010.
- In the ALG’s “Residual Value Awards,” the Super Duty was the only winner among domestic manufacturers for the second year in a row.
American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)
- Ford Motor Company and our brands fared very well in the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index.
- The Company’s ACSI scores, up 5 percent this year, have risen a total of 10 percent over four years, the second-best jump in that short a span since the annual surveys began in 1994.
- Lincoln-Mercury had the highest customer satisfaction of any automotive brand and gained 1 percentage point over 2009, to 89 percent.
- Ford brand customer satisfaction decreased by 1 percentage point since 2009, to 82 percent. However, Ford brand customer satisfaction has increased by 6 percentage points since 2005.
- Seven Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles won their segments in AutoPacific’s 2010 “Vehicle Satisfaction Awards:” the Taurus in the large-car segment, the Mercury Milan Hybrid in the hybrid car segment, the F-150 in the large light-duty pickup segment, the Ford Expedition in the large utility segment, the Lincoln MKT in the premium luxury crossover segment, the Ford Edge in the premium mid-sized crossover segment and the Ford Escape in the midsize crossover SUV segment.
- Ford was the 2010 AutoPacific winner for “Ideal Popular Brand and Top Brand Overall.” The following vehicles won their segments for AutoPacific’s 2010 “Ideal Vehicle Awards:” the Taurus SHO for large car, the Lincoln MKZ for luxury midsize car, the Fusion for premium midsize car, the Fusion Hybrid for hybrid car, the F-150 for large light-duty pickup, the F-250 for heavy-duty pickup, the Explorer for premium midsize SUV, the Lincoln MKT EcoBoost™ for premium luxury crossover and the Flex EcoBoost for large crossover.
- In the Popular Brand category, the Ford Taurus won AutoPacific’s 2010 Motorist Choice Award for “High Tech,” while the Taurus SHO won the Performance category. In the Premium Brand category, the Lincoln Navigator won for “Cargo Hauler.”
For information on our vehicle safety accomplishments, please see the Vehicle Safety and Driver-Assist Technologies section.
- Source: J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Initial Quality Study.SM For award information, visit JDPower.com.
- Source: J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout Study (APEAL).SM For award information, visit JDPower.com.
- Source: J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study.SM For award information, visit JDPower.com.
- Economy Data
- Environment Data
- Society Data