|Ford North America
- In the U.S., Ford’s sales were up 19 percent in 2010 compared to 2009, the largest increase of any full-line manufacturer.
- The Ford F-series was the top-selling vehicle in the U.S. for the 29th consecutive year, and the top-selling pickup truck for the 34th consecutive year.
- In the U.S., Ford’s market share was 16.4 percent, up 1.1 percentage points over 2009; the gain was led by strong sales of the Ford Fusion and the Ford Taurus, which increased sales over 2009 by 21 percent and 51 percent, respectively.
- The new Ford Transit Connect was awarded the 2010 North American Truck of the Year at the North American International Auto Show.
- The 2011 Ford Fiesta went on sale in the summer of 2010.
- Ford remained the second best-selling passenger car brand in Europe in 2010.
- In the U.K., Ford was the top-selling car and commercial vehicle brand for the 34th and 45th year, respectively.
- Ford was the total sales market leader in Denmark, Hungary, Ireland and Turkey for 2010, and remained the No. 1 imported brand in Italy and the Czech Republic.
- We introduced or revealed 11 new vehicles, including the Ford Fiesta and Ka models, the freshened Ford Galaxy, S-MAX and Mondeo, and a new Focus ECOnetic.
- We announced a $2.3 billion investment in U.K. manufacturing facilities over the next five years, to support the production of low-carbon-emission vehicles.
|Ford South America
- We brought a flexible-fuel version of the European-based Ford Focus to Brazil and launched the North American Ford Edge.
- Ford is investing $2.57 billion in our Brazil operations between 2011 and 2015 to accelerate the delivery of more fuel-efficient, high-quality vehicles.
|Ford Asia Pacific and Africa
- Ninety percent of Ford’s sales growth for the region came from China (62%) and India (28%).
- Our sales in China totaled approximately 339,500 units, an increase of 26 percent compared to 2009.
- In 2010, we announced a $300 million investment to build a new plant in partnership with JMC in Nanchang. This plant will be capable of building 300,000 vehicles per year. We also began building a new CFMA plant located in Chongqing. And we announced plans to build an engine plant with CFMA, also in Chongqing.
- Over the next three years, Ford will introduce four new vehicles in the Chinese market, including the new Ford Focus.
- We introduced the fuel-efficient EcoBoost™ engine and PowerShift transmission technologies in China.
- In India, we had a record sales year, and we are continuing to expand production capacity and new vehicle introductions. Sales for 2010 were up 168 percent, led by strong sales of the Ford Figo, Fusion, and Ikon.
- We introduced the Ford Figo, an all-new four-door hatchback small car, in India.
- Ford sales in Thailand were up 78.7 percent over 2009.