|Ford North America
- Ford was the No. 1-selling brand of utility in America for the second straight year; the Ford Escape had record sales with more than 260,000 vehicles sold – its best sales since it launched in 2000.
- The F-Series pickup was America’s best-selling pickup for the 36th straight year, and America’s best-selling vehicle for the 31st straight year.
- Ford was the second best-selling car brand in our traditional 19 markets – a position we have maintained for the past five years.
- Ford remained the market share leader in Britain.
|Ford South America
- Ford introduced new global products in South America, including the Ford Ranger pickup and EcoSport small utility.
|Ford Asia Pacific and Africa
- Ford gained market share in Asia Pacific and Africa for the 3rd year in a row, increasing to 2.8% in 2012 compared to 2.7% in 2011 and 2.4% in 2009.
- We also completed construction of two new plants in the region in the last year, announced significant expansions of existing facilities, and currently are building seven additional plants in the region – five in China and two in India – all as part of our plan to reach production capacity of 2.7 million vehicles by mid-decade.