In 2012 and early 2013, we made progress in a number of areas related to our employees. For example, we:
- Added more than 8,100 combined hourly and salaried jobs in 2012 in the U.S. to meet the growing demand for fuel-efficient, high-tech vehicles.
- Negotiated new collective bargaining agreements with labor unions in 11 countries globally.
- Made profit-sharing payments to approximately 46,000 eligible U.S. hourly employees and paid salaried employee bonuses for the 2012 performance period.
- Continued to win recognition for our diversity efforts.
- Marked the second year since 1918 without an employee work-related fatality.
To learn about our commitments in some of these areas, see our Goals and Commitments table.