News CenterNews Center
2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Sport Truck Will Pace Field for NASCAR Trucks Race at Michigan International Speedway
- 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor has been chosen to pace the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Michigan National Guard 200 on Saturday, Aug. 17
- 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor sport truck with EcoBoost® engine cranks out 365 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque, delivering V8 power with V6 fuel economy
- Ford F-150 Tremor will be on sale this fall
DEARBORN, Mich. -The 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor – the first EcoBoost®-powered sport truck – will lead the field to the green flag at the always-fast Michigan International Speedway for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Michigan National Guard 200 on Saturday, Aug. 17.
“Michigan International Speedway is one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit, so the vehicle pacing the field also needs to be fast,” said Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing. “The 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor, with its light-weight configuration, EcoBoost engine and launch-optimized performance, is well-suited for this job.”
This 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor’s EcoBoost engine is the same powerful powertrain customers can buy – the only major modification to the pace truck is a bank of safety lights mandated by NASCAR. The short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor goes on sale this fall delivering distinctive looks and performance.
The all-new truck couples the style of the FX Appearance Package with an EcoBoost engine and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle – the shortest final drive ratio offered in an EcoBoost F-150 – to help provide customers with fast acceleration. The FX Appearance Package features stealthy, flat-black accents that include unique 20-inch wheels, stylized bodyside graphics and black badges with red lettering.
Tremor is the only regular-cab F-150 offering a flow-through center console and bucket seats. Interior touches include black leather seating surfaces with red piping, brushed-metal accents and a red-stitched steering wheel. Alcantara® seat inserts add texture and style as well.
F-150 Tremor is powered exclusively by Ford’s groundbreaking 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which features:
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
- Twin independent variable camshaft timing for improved performance and fuel economy
An electronic locking rear differential that’s standard for both two- and four-wheel-drive versions helps deliver the power to the pavement by improving traction during takeoff.
The 2014 F-150 Tremor also comes standard with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®, which includes a large 8-inch LCD color touch screen mounted in the center stack. This package adds a media hub with two USB ports, an SD card reader and audio/video input jacks.
Saturday’s race caps a busy week for the Ford F-150 Tremor:
- On Wednesday, Aug. 14, reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski will drive hot laps with the 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor at Michigan International Speedway. The Rochester Hills, Mich., native is looking to defend his Sprint Cup title in his Ford Fusion
- On Thursday, Aug. 15, the F-150 Tremor will be the subject of a live Tremor Talk web chat featuring Brian Bell, F-150 marketing manager, also known as the father of the 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor, co-hosted with Edmunds.com
“We are proud to continue using Ford trucks to pace the field at MIS,” said Allison. “Just like last year when we showcased the F-150 FX4, we’re using this Michigan race as a platform to promote another one of the outstanding products in the Ford F-150 lineup.”