News CenterNews Center
Ford Fiesta Europe's Top-Selling Small Car in March and the First Quarter 2011
- Ford Fiesta is Europe's top-selling small car and No. 2 best-selling car overall, in March and for the first quarter 2011, according to figures released by JATO Dynamics
- Fiesta sold 50,534 units in Europe last month, more than 10,000 units ahead of its nearest rival
- Sales of the Fiesta in the first quarter totaled 101,859 units – more than 8,000 units ahead of the third placed car
- Since the latest-generation Ford Fiesta went on sale in October 2008, more than 1,350,000 million units have been sold globally
- JATO Dynamics and ACEA confirm Ford as No. 2 best-selling brand in Europe in March and for the first quarter 2011
COLOGNE, Germany, April 19, 2011 – The Ford Fiesta again is Europe's best-selling small car in March and for the first quarter 2011, according to the latest figures from the world's leading provider of automotive data and intelligence, JATO Dynamics.*
According to JATO Dynamics, 50,534 Ford Fiestas were sold in March, more than 10,000 units ahead of its nearest small car rival. Including all cars, Fiesta was the No. 2 best-selling car in Europe in March.
In the first quarter of 2011, JATO records that 101,859 Ford Fiestas were sold – more than 8,000 units ahead of its nearest rival.
“We are pleased about the Fiesta's continued success, not only because it's our highest volume model in Europe, but also because it is now being produced and sold around the world to great acclaim," said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.
"And, with the all-new Ford Focus and the new C-MAX models – both just launched and already enjoying a strong sales momentum – Ford is further strengthening what is already an industry-leading product line-up in Europe."
In news releases dated April 19, both JATO Dynamics and the European Automotive Industry Association ACEA confirmed Ford as Europe's No. 2 best-selling brand in March and the first quarter 2011.
# # #
Notes to Editors:
* JATO Dynamics results are based on data provided by JATO Consult, the company's bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 27 European countries. Ford figures are usually based on its main 19 European markets or 50 total European markets. Based on Ford's main 19 European markets, Fiesta sales were 49,900 for March, and 100,900 units for the first quarter.
For further details please contact:
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.fordmotorcompany.com.
Ford of Europe is responsible for producing, selling and servicing Ford brand vehicles in 50 individual markets and employs approximately 66,000 employees. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford of Europe operations include Ford Customer Service Division and 22 manufacturing facilities, including joint ventures. The first Ford cars were shipped to Europe in 1903 – the same year Ford Motor Company was founded. European production started in 1911.