News CenterNews Center
Ford Warriors in Pink Launches 2013 Collection, Continues Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors With Its ‘Models of Courage’ Campaign
- The 2013 Ford Warriors in Pink collection of apparel and accessories is now available at www.fordcares.com; 100 percent of the net proceeds benefit breast cancer charities.
- Ford Warriors in Pink® once again honors breast cancer survivors who have demonstrated strength and courage in their battle with its “Models of Courage” program — showcasing11 survivors, 11 stories of hope.
- For the past 19 years, Ford has fought the battle against breast cancer 365 days a year, raising more than $120 million for the cause with $4.7 million in donations generated from Warrior wear and gear.
DEARBORN, Mich., May 29, 2012 – Ford Motor Company and its Warriors in Pink® campaign kicks off its 19th year of support in the fight against breast cancer with the arrival of its 2013 collection of Ford Warriors in Pink apparel and accessories. Created for women, men and children, the collection features important symbols signifying the message of hope, strength and unity in the fight against breast cancer. The new collection is now available at www.fordcares.com, with 100 percent of net proceeds going directly to the fight against breast cancer.
“Models of Courage,” a program launched in 2012 to highlight the stories of breast cancer survivors, is continuing this year with inspirational stories of 11 women and men who were selected for the Models of Courage program to serve as Ford Warriors in Pink role models and inspire everyone involved in the fight against breast cancer.
Ford Warriors in Pink created the Models of Courage program to celebrate breast cancer survivors who have demonstrated strength and courage in their battle. In 2013, the Models of Courage will build upon their roles, traveling around the country as ambassadors for Ford and the breast cancer fight, sharing their stories of hope and survival, and connecting with women and men who need support and encouragement.
“The Ford Warriors in Pink campaign, with $120 million dedicated to the cause, is nowhere near done. As long as breast cancer affects our moms, sisters, daughters, fathers and sons we will continue to fight,” said Tracy Magee, Ford’s primary brand experiential manager. “The personal stories and experiences of the Models of Courage will help raise awareness, as well as inspire those battling breast cancer to continue the fight. Their stories inspire me every day.”
Supporters can learn more about the campaign and each of these individuals on the Ford Warriors in Pink Facebook page, under Models of Courage.
The Models of Courage will also appear nationally as models for the 2013 line of Warriors in Pink wear and gear. Also available for viewing at fordcares.com is “Bang the Drum: Living Out Loud in the Face of Breast Cancer,” the first Ford Warriors in Pink film. The documentary provides personal stories on what a breast cancer diagnosis meant for these Models of Courage, and how their diagnosis served as a channel that inspired each of them to do more and live with greater purpose.
Along with the 2013 apparel, Ford Warriors in Pink ® will once again team up with Remo, Inc. an iconic leader in the music products industry, and produce a “Warriors in Pink” line of percussion instruments. A $5-20 donation of each sale will be made to Ford-sponsored charities that support research and education and offer financial aid for people in treatment. In addition, autographed drumheads will be auctioned on E-Bay for ten days starting June 3rd, 2013. 100% of the pledged amount from the auction will be donated to breast cancer charities. Participating bands include No Doubt, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Montgomery Gentry, Jerrod Neimann and Band, Dierks Bentley, Steve Smith, and Franklin Vanderbilt.
Warriors in Pink shoppers have the opportunity to choose which breast cancer charity to support with their apparel purchase at checkout. The four organizations highlighted include:
- Susan G. Komen ® — Komen’s promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures. Thanks to events like the Komen Race for the Cure, the organization has invested almost $2 billion to fulfill its promise, working to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world through groundbreaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 50 countries.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation (DSLRF) — With more than 365,000 grassroots volunteers from around the country, Dr. Susan Love Research Foundationconducts, funds and fast tracks research with the unique mission of creating a future without breast cancer by understanding the causes and ways to prevent it.
- The Pink Fund — Provides financial aid in the form of direct bill payment on behalf of breast cancer patients in active treatment. Many patients are unable to work during treatment. Others lose their jobs. With mounting bills and either no income or severely limited income, they quickly find themselves in dire financial distress. The Pink Fund provides Real Help Now.
- Young Survival Coalition (YSC) — The Young Survival Coalition directly improves the lives of thousands of young women with breast cancer. One in eight women diagnosed with breast cancer are younger than 45 years old. YSC provides free resources and programs to support, educate and empower these women.
Ford Warriors in Pink is giving breast cancer supporters the chance to win a new 2013 Warriors in Pink Fusion Hybrid. The all-new Fusion Hybrid has a best-in-class EPA-estimated rating of 47 highway miles per gallon. The Fusion Hybrid is an entirely new idea of what a car can be. Supporters can enter the contest here: fordvehicles.emipowered.net/2013wipsweeps/.
The Ford commitment runs well beyond raising funds. The company is dedicated to making a difference 365 days a year by encouraging women to become informed and visit their doctors, educating them that early detection saves lives. 2013 marks Ford Motor Company’s 19th year of support, dedicating more than $120 million to the cause to date.
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.