News CenterNews Center
Stylish New Ford Fiesta Debuts Six Green Engines and a Titanium X Series
- New Ford Fiesta offers six powertrains with sub-100g/km CO2 emissions and class-leading fuel economy from 65.7mpg
- New 80PS 1.0-litre petrol and 75PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engines
- Special ECOnetic Technology model delivers 87g/km CO2 emissions and 85.6mpg
- Fiesta range priced from £9,795 to £17,545 on-the-road
- New Ford Fiesta Titanium X series includes Keyfree system, partial leather and includes SONY DAB with SYNC (standard from Titanium series)
- Ford’s Paris Show media site at http://paris2012.fordmedia.eu goes live from 08.30 UK time on September 27
PARIS, Sept. 26, 2012 – The new Ford Fiesta will target best-in-class fuel economy with six powertrains for the UK offering both sub-100 g/km CO2 emissions and returning from 65.7mpg*.
New Ford Fiesta customers will also be able to specify an ECOnetic Technology variant expected to deliver 87g/km CO2 emissions and return 85.6mpg.
“Ford’s new Fiesta is taking compact car fuel efficiency to new heights, with the help of advanced new technologies,” said Glen Goold, new Fiesta global chief program engineer, Ford of Europe.
“Fiesta broke the mould as a stylish, practical, forward-thinking and, most importantly, economical small car, when first launched in 1976 when fuel efficiency was at the forefront of most people’s minds,” added Goold. “That thinking has guided the creation of the new Fiesta today as much as it did the original vehicle.”
Since then Ford has sold more than 15 million Fiestas around the world and the stylish new model features a sharper design and a host of exclusive technology features – as well as an extensive range of powertrains.
Fiesta will be equipped for the first time in the UK with:
- 100PS and 125 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engines, the 2012 “International Engine of the Year”
- 80PS 1.0-litre petrol engines with direct-injection and Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing
- 75PS 1.5-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine with optimised fuel injection, low-friction piston coatings and a variable pressure oil pump
Customers will also be able to choose from:
- 95PS 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine, producing 200Nm of torque
- 105PS, 1.6-litre Ti-VCT petrol engine
- 60PS and 82PS 1.25-litre petrol engine
Ford’s Auto-Start-Stop system, which automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle is at idle and restarts the engine when the driver wants to move off, will be available at launch with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost, 1.0-litre petrol and 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi ECOnetic Technology powertrains as standard. Ford’s advanced 6-speed Powershift transmission is also introduced to the range for the first time.
Ford has developed new chassis and suspension components to improve the ride quality and refinement of new Fiesta, and tuned the Ford Electronic Power Assisted Steering system. Handling is as dynamic and sporty as ever and a high-performance Fiesta ST model, powered by a 182PS 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine, will join the range in early 2013.
The new Fiesta’s package of leading Ford driver assistance and safety features will include MyKey, a segment-first technology that allows parents to encourage safer driving and limit their teenager’s exposure to risk at the wheel, as well as in-car connectivity system SYNC.
SYNC will feature Emergency Assistance that directly connects the vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident, in the correct language for the region whilst continuing to liaise with the driver in English. Also introduced to new Fiesta is first-in-class technology Active City Stop, a system already well received in Focus, designed to help drivers avoid low speed collisions. Active City Stop will be available as part of an optional Driver Assistance pack (including rear parking sensors and powerfold mirrors).
The dynamic new version of the best-selling Fiesta features a sharper design inspired by the latest Ford global design language and concept vehicles, including laser-cut headlamps incorporating LED technology (on Titanium and Titanium X) and a power-dome bonnet. Ford ergonomics and interior design experts have reconfigured the Fiesta interior with relocated switch-gear, new materials, interfaces and displays.
A Titanium X model will be introduced into the UK which broadens this specification further by adding features such as the Keyfree system and partial leather as standard.
The Ford Fiesta will be priced from £9,795 on-the-road in the UK and will be available in showrooms from early 2013. Full price list attached.
# # #
* The stated fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 as last amended. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 168,000 employees and about 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
Ford of Europe is responsible for producing, selling and servicing Ford brand vehicles in 51 individual markets and employs approximately 66,000 employees. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford of Europe operations include Ford Customer Service Division and 22 manufacturing facilities, including joint ventures. The first Ford cars were shipped to Europe in 1903 – the same year Ford Motor Company was founded. European production started in 1911.