News CenterNews Center
Wendy King: Manager, Marketer, Mom
Wendy King, marketing manager
On any given Monday it’s hard to secure a face-to-face meeting with Taurus Marketing Manager Wendy King. A participant – by choice – in Ford’s progressive Transitional Work Arrangement (TWA) program, King telecommutes from home on Mondays, as opposed to working from her Dearborn, Mich., office.
“TWA has enabled me to best utilize, balance and reconcile my professional and personal lives,” said King. “The beauty of the program is that it allows me the necessary time to keep a busy household on track and on time and have a rewarding career. As my children grow and mature, I can step back into a full five-day week in the office.”
Mondays are devoted to e-mail, individual and conference calls, in addition to King’s responsibilities at home.
King is responsible for the Taurus brand in all consumer-facing aspects. Her top priority at the moment is to ensure flawless execution of the 2013 Ford Taurus launch.
Her life and passion
- Born in Taiwan, Wendy has lived in the greater Detroit area most of her life
- A University of Michigan alum, she earned her bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering before pursuing a marketing MBA at U of M’s Ross School of Business
- Wendy and her husband, a fellow Ford employee, are busy parents of three active children, ages 7, 5 and 2
- Between extracurricular activities, sports participation and cultural lessons for her children, Wendy claims to have no time whatsoever for hobbies of her own right now. That said, she is living the life she’s always dreamed of and enjoying every minute
What she does for Ford
- King is responsible for Taurus marketing communications initiatives
- A six-year Ford veteran, King takes great pride in her vehicle nameplate involvement throughout the entire development process, from creative concept through showroom reality
- “Taurus is a nameplate with heritage and heart,” King says. “It’s a thrill to work on America’s smartest sedan”