Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to help at every stage of your vehicle purchase. We've got answers to your questions, maintenance information, owners' websites and more!
Ask Ford Motor Company
Search Ford Motor Company FAQs for general vehicle or service information.
MyKey technology is a new standard feature designed to help parents encourage teenagers to drive more safely. It allows owners to designate a key that will operate special features for teen drivers.
- MyKey can restrict the vehicle's top speed.
- Deactivate the audio system unless front passengers are buckled up.
- Limit the entertainment system's audio volume to 44 percent of maximum volume.
- Provides a warning when the fuel tank reaches 75 miles to empty.
- Allows the administrator to select speed alert chimes at 45, 55 or 65 mph.
- Limits tire spinning by ensuring the traction control system cannot be deactivated.
Additional functionality is available in some vehicles including the ability to block inbound calls and texts to your teen driver's phone. MyKey functionality varies slightly with some models. For MyKey availability and settings specific to your vehicle, please refer to your Owner's Manual.
Need more help?