Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to help at every stage of your vehicle purchase. We've got answers to your questions, maintenance information, owners' websites and more!
Ask Ford Motor Company
Search Ford Motor Company FAQs for general vehicle or service information.
- MyKey technology is a standard feature designed to help parents encourage teenagers to drive more safely.
MyKey driving modes
- Belt-Minder: This feature effectively provides a six-second reminder chime every 30 seconds and mutes the audio system until the vehicle’s front occupants fasten their safety belts. The message center also displays “Buckle Up to Unmute Radio.”
- Top Speed Settings: MyKey allows you to limit a vehicle’s top speed at four different settings – 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph, with chimes sounding at 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- Screened radio content: MyKey lets you block all stations labeled as “explicit” by Sirius Satellite Radio.
- Earlier low-fuel warning: MyKey provides a warning at 75 miles to empty, rather than the standard warning at 50 miles to empty.
More MyKey options
- Driving aids such as Park Aid and BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert can’t be deactivated.
- Audio volume can be limited to 44 percent of total volume.
- Optional AdvanceTrac® setting, which limits tire spin, can’t be deactivated
Additional MyKey benefits: The MyKey system also helps fleet owners promote good driving habits in their employees and customers by limiting top speeds to four choices: 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph
MyKey functionality varies slightly with some models. For MyKey availability and settings specific to your vehicle please refer to your Owner's Manual.
Need more help?