Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to help at every stage of your vehicle purchase. We've got answers to your questions, maintenance information, owners' websites and more!
Ask Ford Motor Company
Search Ford Motor Company FAQs for general vehicle or service information.
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Ford Motor Company will repair, replace or adjust covered parts found to be defective in factory-supplied materials or workmanship. Depending on the repair needed, there may be different time and mileage coverage periods. Warranty expiration is based on time or mileage, whichever occurs first.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty - 3 years or 36,000 miles for Ford and Mercury vehicles, 4 years or 50,000 miles for Lincoln vehicles.
- Powertrain Warranty - (For vehicles 2007 and newer - 5 years or 60,000 miles for Ford and Mercury vehicles, 6 years or 70,000 miles for Lincoln vehicles)
- Powerstroke Diesel Engine Coverage - 5 years or 100,000 miles
- Corrosion Perforation Warranty - 5 Years
- Safety Restraint Warranty - 5 years or 60,000 miles for vehicles 2007 and newer. 5 years or 50,000 miles for vehicles 2006 and older.
- Emissions Warranty - Coverage varies depending upon vehicle. See the above link to the Warranty Guide for more details
For specific warranty information such as the time, distance, and limitations of warranty coverage for your vehicle, please refer to your warranty guide.Green States
Diesel Warranty Coverage
Accidents, Modifications and Conversions
Need more help?