Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to help at every stage of your vehicle purchase. We've got answers to your questions, maintenance information, owners' websites and more!
Ask Ford Motor Company
Search Ford Motor Company FAQs for general vehicle or service information.
- Smart Key Information
Your vehicle may be equipped with two Smart Keys (Integrated Keyhead Transmitters). The key blade functions as a programmed key which starts the vehicle and unlocks/locks all the doors; using a non-programmed key will not permit your vehicle to start.
The transmitter portion of your vehicle's Smart Key (IKT) functions as the remote entry transmitter. The typical operating range for the transmitter is approximately 33 feet (10 meters). The Smart Key allows you as part of the remote entry system to:
- remotely unlock the vehicle doors
- remotely lock all the vehicle doors
- remotely open the trunk
- activate the personal alarm
- arm and disarm the perimeter anti-theft system
- operate the illuminated entry feature
- If you lose your dealer supplied Smart Key (IKT), replacement Smart Keys are available through your authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer. If there are problems with the remote entry system, make sure to take all Smart Keys (IKTs) with you to the servicing Ford or Lincoln dealer in order to aid in troubleshooting the problem. Please refer to your owner's manual at the above website for further information.
Intelligent Access - Push Button Start
Key Codes – Key Replacement
Need more help?