Ready to drive one? Find out if Fiesta is available in your country.Ford United States
The Fiesta is widely known for its performance, design and outstanding amenities, yet the Ford Fiesta has numerous features that give it an award-winning reputation for safety. Here are a few of them:
• Beneath the car’s stylish exterior is a structure crafted from high-strength steels engineered to preserve quality and enhance driver and passenger safety.
• Fiesta offers a segment-exclusive driver’s knee airbag (image to the left), developed to help reduce lower-leg injuries in the event of a frontal collision.
• Dual-stage first-row airbags.
• Side-impact and side curtain airbags.
• “Smart” Passenger Occupant Detection System (PODS) sensors determine occupant weight and seat belt status to optimize airbag deployment force.
• The Fiesta also features smart sensors that use pressure pulses from a side impact to deploy up to 30 percent faster than traditional airbags with acceleration-based sensors.
The Fiesta has been the recipient of numerous safety accolades over the years such as:
• Maximum five-star safety rating by the China Automotive Technology and Research Center.
• Maximum five-star ratings in Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
• Top Safety Pick from the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety under its new test standards. (award to the right)
• First car in its segment to earn top crash test ratings in each of the world’s largest auto markets.
Vogue Taiwan focused on the Fiesta’s fashion sense, showing how much fun girls can have with the popular compact. Joanna Ha, Vogue’s ‘style hunter,’ took the Ford Fiesta on a shopping spree in trendy eastern Taipei. (image left) The fashion guru called it her ‘dream shopping car’.
In Australia, the Fiesta’s fuel-efficiency was highlighted throughout the year in magazine articles that touted its green credentials. The Ford Fiesta figured prominently on the pages of Marie Claire, Madison and G magazine showing consumers how to minimize their impact on the environment.
Marie Claire called the Fiesta “Australia’s most fuel-efficient car,” adding: “you can drive from Sydney to Melbourne on only one tank of fuel and seriously reduce your carbon footprint.”
In Thailand, Stuff magazine (image right) and T3 (The Gadget Magazine) were impressed with Fiesta’s Bluetooth capability and voice control. Extreme Technology Magazine featured Ford’s globally popular compact in a three-page spread for its ‘Best Technology of the Year 2010’ issue in December, giving readers a close-up look at the Fiesta’s technologically advanced interior.
Wedding magazine, also in Thailand, suggested the Fiesta would make a great wedding car, and offered tips on how to choose the best color to set an auspicious tone for future happiness and success. “Red is the color of good fortune and celebration,” advised feng shui master Todsaporn Sritula. “Therefore, it always plays an important part in every major event, auspicious occasion and new beginning.”