Originally published on Ford Social
There is plenty to love about the all-new Ford Escape, and Jason Sprawka, Ford Escape Marketing Manager, points out many of them in this short video interview from the 2011 LA Auto Show.
And if you like the sound of escaping in a Ford Escape, you’ll want to check out Escape Routes. Ford is teaming up with Emmy award winning reality producers to create the ultimate interactive reality web series called Escape Routes. Visit EscapeRoutes.com to learn more about the program and to apply.
The Ford Escape, America’s best-selling SUV, will raise the bar even higher with the debut of this all-new model that features new exclusive features including:
- An available hands-free power liftgate brings new technology to the SUV market and is enabled by motion technology used in today’s video game systems. A gentle kicking motion under the center of the rear bumper activates, unlocks and raises the liftgate when the driver has the Escape key fob. This allows quick and easy access to the cargo area without needing to set down packages or dig out keys. The same process closes the hatch
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch®, offers multiple ways for customers to manage and control information through voice commands, menus accessed through controls on the steering wheel, touch screens, buttons or knobs. Upgraded system includes new look, making phone, navigation, entertainment and climate controls even easier to use
- Parallel parking the Escape is virtually stress-free with active park assist. With the press of a button, the system detects an available parallel parking space and automatically steers the vehicle into the space. Drivers control only the gas and brake pedals
- Maneuvering parking lots and traveling open roadways becomes even safer and less stressful with Escape’s sensor-based BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert. BLIS displays an alert in the side mirror when a vehicle is detected entering a blind spot. Cross-traffic alert warns if traffic is detected approaching from the sides, such as when Escape is leaving a parking space in reverse
- The all-new Ford Escape is the first Ford SUV to combine class-exclusive technology to automatically slow the vehicle when it’s cornering too fast (Curve Control) or help accelerate through a turn (Torque Vectoring Control); a new Intelligent 4WD System helps deliver outstanding handling on pristine pavement and in adverse conditions as well, along with excellent traction off-road
You can read more about the new all-new Escape by visiting Ford.com.